Tuesday, June 21, 2016

THE SUMMER AND SASQUATCH

Summer break is almost here (in New York state we are in school until June 23rd!) and I have decided to commit a large part of my summer to Sasquatch! 

I have a few books set aside to read which I will be reviewing here on this blog. Mr. Dave Gibson has reached out to me and shared his book "Living Among Sasquatch: A Primer" which I have almost finished and have really enjoyed!  This will be the first book that I will review in the next week or so.  I will also be reading Dr. Russ Jones' book "Tracking the Stone Man: West Virginia's Bigfoot" and Loren Coleman's "Bigfoot!  The True Story of Apes in America."   

Along with reading, there are some projects that I would like to work on.  I have started looking at taking recorded sightings in New York State and studying the time of year that these sightings have occurred.  I am interested in seeing if there are any migration patterns. I also plan to map the years of sightings in New York State to see if any patterns can be seen there as well.  I have also picked up maps of the counties near where I live (Chemung, Steuben, Tompkins, in New York and Bradford and Tioga in Pennsylvania) and am going to work on a database of local sightings and evidence.  So for any of you living in this area that have any information you would like to share please don't hold back!

I am also going to start practicing casting footprints with the animal tracks that I have found around my house.  Since I have never casted a footprint I want to practice in case I ever get the opportunity to cast an actual bigfoot track.   This guy has been roaming around our backyard so I am hoping he leaves a nice track for me to cast!

One of the biggest projects I have for the summer is to establish a research area.  I am using the criteria that Robert W. Morgan has developed in his book "Bigfoot Observer's Field Manual."  I also am interested in doing some investigation in an area called Connecticut Hill between Elmira and Ithaca, NY.  Connecticut Hill is an eight-mile trail considered to be the largest Wildlife Management Area in New York State. This area has had some interesting stories come out of it. One story that caught my attention was shared on the Cryptozoology News website. It is reported that two men had an encounter in December of 2013 “...I could see like a shine to it, you could see the muscle mass to it. Judging by the branches I saw it go under, and going back to that, it was at least 9-feet tall. It had to duck down a little bit to get under that branch. The branch stood at 8 feet and 4 inches...”  If you are interested in reading this article it can be found here: http://cryptozoologynews.com/terrified-new-yorker-loses-expensive-equipment-seeing-bigfoot/  Another story I have found interesting from the Connecticut Hill area happened in July of 2007.
  "...It must have seen me come up over the hill and I remember that was the thing that actually scared me the most… it was having something looking right at me, there is no question that it knew I was there. And I froze and it was not moving, so for a moment I was questioning what I was seeing, but there was a certain authenticity about it that had me scared and it didn’t look like a suit or like, you know, a stuffed animal or something like that...” This article can also be found in the Cryptozoology News website http://cryptozoologynews.com/connecticut-man-reports-bigfoot-sighting/  From these reports this is definitely an area I am anxious to explore! I will also be traveling to Saranac Lake, NY this summer.  I have heard that there has been some activity in this area lately and look forward to doing some investigations there. 


Lastly, Mr. Rusty Aldrich has invited me to present at the CNY Crypto-Paracon on August 13th in Old Forge, NY.  For information about this conference go to: http://www.cryptoparacon.com/show-schedules.html. I am so excited and want to send a huge thank you out to Mr. Aldrich for this opportunity! 
As always, if you should have any information to share with me or suggestions please either e-mail me or leave a comment!

5 comments:

  1. Those are some excellent books. Can't believe you're speaking at Crypto-Paracon - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilive n the foothills of the adirandacks, 40 mins south of whitehall
    We have more activity than what has been reported!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer. All of the activity in my book took place at our cabin about 52 miles southwest of Whitehall. That area is a hotbed of activity. If you have any class A encounters, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the Whitehall area's top investigator.

      Delete
  3. Is this still scheduled to go on this year? In Old Forge now...??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this still scheduled to go on this year? In Old Forge now...??

    ReplyDelete